"Electrification" is another way of saying "going electric."
It's a greener, cleaner, and ultimately cheaper way to run your home or business and remove fossil fuels from your life as much as possible.
The water heater, furnace, and even the backup generator in your yard or garage run on clean electrical energy.
So what's in for you, aside from a merit badge for good citizenship?
- Improves the energy efficiency of your home or business.
- Increases the property value of your home.
- Significantly lowers your energy bills.
- Puts you in line for any current and future clean energy tax breaks.
- Reduces your reliance on multiple energy sources and utilities.
- Gives you security in case the power grid goes down.
Trout & Qmerit
Trout Electric has partnered with Qmerit, the preferred provider for green energy companies and all major electric vehicle (EV) manufacturers.
As the gold standard in the electrical service industry, Qmerit accepts only the best companies as partners.
Contact us today to learn how Trout and Qmerit can save you money and reduce your carbon footprint.
Benefits of Electrification
Electric homes and businesses are more efficient.
- With a smart thermostat managing the furnace and air conditioner, you'll use less energy and save money.
- Plus, you can take advantage of time-of-use rates, where electricity is cheaper at night.
- You can further reduce your costs by installing solar panels to generate electricity or an electric generator to charge at night and run during the day.
- We'll transform your home or business into an energy microgrid. You control your energy needs and consumption from a smartphone and monitor your generator and power wall to determine how much charge is left.
- We'll install as much energy storage capacity as you need to run your home or business smoothly. Don't worry — you won't see ugly wires, just a gleaming new smart thermostat.
Electric homes and businesses are eligible for tax breaks and rebates.
California offers generous point-of-sale rebates for electric vehicles. These tax breaks won't end anytime soon; if anything, you'll see more of them as state and federal governments tackle the thorny problem of greenhouse emissions.
- Californians receive a 30% tax credit for installing electric vehicle charging stations, up to $1,000.
- You may also be eligible for federal tax breaks. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) extends a 30% tax credit for installing electric vehicle charging stations.
- As a bonus, there's no gas tax on the electricity you generate or buy! It now stands at 51.1 cents per gallon in California. And when you switch to electric, you're no longer subject to volatile gas prices.
Electricity costs are predictable.
- Electricity prices vary within a specific range. Gas prices, on the other hand, can spike wildly, as we've seen whenever an international crisis or natural disaster interrupts supply.
- You can charge your new electric car at night for a bargain rate. Plus, utility rates are closely regulated. You always know what to expect.
So now you can wave at your friends as they stew in the summer sun, camped out in long lines to save 10 cents a gallon to fill their 40-gallon tanks. You're on your way home in a quiet EV to an all-electric paradise and a Long Island tea.
Electric homes are safer and cleaner.
- Heating equipment is the leading cause of fires in US homes.
- While space heaters and fireplaces are the prime culprits, gas furnaces are also a problem, especially as they age.
- An electric furnace is safer to operate than a gas unit, and new models are more efficient than ever.
- Carbon monoxide leaks are another potential danger with gas appliances, killing as many as 500 people in the US every year and sickening another 20,000 to 30,000. Incidents can happen with any gas appliance, including water heaters and stoves.
- There's no risk of carbon monoxide poisoning with electric appliances.
- Electricity is also much cleaner than natural gas. It doesn't produce the toxic byproducts of combustion, such as nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, and particulate matter.
Electric homes are more attractive on the market.
- A study by the National Association of Realtors found that homes with gas stoves sell for 5% to 6% less than all-electric homes.
- The reason is simple: gas appliances are a potential liability, while electric appliances are not.
- When you switch to all-electric, you're making a sound investment in your home.
Electrification offers backup.
Power walls store electricity purchased at lower rates during off-peak hours, then use that electricity during the day when rates are higher. Power walls also work with solar panels rather than send electricity back into the grid; they store the electricity generated for use at your convenience.
Backup electrical systems like power walls and generators ensure the power is always on, even when the power is out due to wildfires, wind, extreme weather patterns, or rolling blackouts.
Electrification is scalable and flexible.
You can dip your toe in the water or take the electrification plunge!
Update your lighting to efficient LEDs? We can do that. Install an electric vehicle charging station at your home or business? We do that as well.
We're here to help to the extent that you're willing and able to electrify your home or business.
Electrification Is a Win for People & the Environment
Electrification is a big step in the right direction for the environment. But it's also good for our customers' bottom line. With smart controls, electric appliances are cheaper to operate than gas appliances, and they're often more efficient.
We're proud that our Qmerit-certified electricians are helping customers switch to all-electric.
Our electrification services include:
- Commercial and residential EV charging stations: installation, repair, and maintenance.
- Energy-efficient LED lighting, automated lighting, and smart lighting.
- Smart thermostat installation and configuration.
- Electric generator installation and repair.
- Power walls, battery backup, and electrical storage.
- And more.
Why Trout Electric?
- We've installed thousands of EV stations in Southern California.
- We guarantee your satisfaction.
- We guarantee all work, parts and labor.
- We guarantee our pricing — the price we quote will be the price on your bill, and not a penny more.
- We've been in business since 1999.
- We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- We're local to Southern California, and stock parts locally in our warehouse.
- We're qualified to perform any electrical job, home or commercial.
- We’ll perform the job to the highest standards as all of our electricians besides having all the required state and local certifications also have to pass our rigorous testing and training program before they can be called a Trout Electrician.
- We offer 24/7 emergency services for those times the job can't wait.
- All estimates are free, whether or not we perform the job for you.
- We offer financing to qualified customers who request it.