Covid-19 & Delta Update from Trout Electric
Trout Electric provides an essential service. We help to keep the lights on, the electric cars running, and businesses operating — including other essential businesses.
We ensure that electrical circuits and systems remain safe, and will continue to do so as safely as possible.
We're actively monitoring the COVID-19 and Delta virus situation. We follow all local, state, and federal guidelines to keep our customers and employees healthy and out of harm's way.
Here are some of the things we're doing to safeguard customers and employees alike.
- Any employee showing signs of illness is required to stay home.
- We practice social distancing — in the field, with homeowners, and in the office.
- Technicians visiting homes must wash their hands before and after each visit.
- We wear personal protective equipment where possible at job sites, including masks, gloves, and protective suits.
- We follow OSHA safety guidelines.
Please call our office any time of day at 951-743-0702 with any questions about our policies, your current services, or to schedule an appointment.
– Matt Trout, CEO of Trout Electric